Adopted Statement of Purpose from the American Staffing Association
With all the discussion of the Affordable Care Act legislation recently, we thought it was appropriate to take a stance on our principles regarding our commitment to compliance with ACA laws. Fortunately, the American Staffing Association developed a "Statement of Principles" that we have fully adopted at Link Staffing. We would like to share these principles with you:
"While implementing the ACA presents challenges to staffing firms due to the unique characteristics of their work forces, the staffing industry is deeply committed to compliance with the law. To that end, ASA members commit to the following principles:
1. We will comply with the law, both in letter and in spirit, and are committed to the legal and ethical management of our work forces pursuant to its provisions.
2. We will use our expertise and experience to help clients address the new
demands of the law and understand the nature and extent of the additional staffing costs they will incur.
3. We will work diligently to help our clients implement legitimate work force strate
gies and will not participate in practices that violate the law's intent.
4. We will communicate to our employees both their new opportunities and their new obligations before the employer and individual mandates become effective in 2014.
5. We will continue to work with the government and other stakeholders as a proactive, constructive partner as the regulatory process moves forward.
America's staffing companies match millions of people to millions of jobs every day: about 2.9 million per day, and 11.5 million per year. U.S. businesses turn to staffing firms to fill work force gaps, to augment their own staff, and to find new employees. Temporary staffing offers flexibility to both employers and employees, and often provides workers with a bridge to permanent employment. Temporary employees work in all occupations and skill levels, and a growing number are making flex ible work a career choice."
We would like to thank the American Staffing Association for their diligent work on this issue. We hope you'll agree that an ethical, legal solution to the challenges facing companies with regard to ACA is the only solution worth seeking.
If you need help understanding the Affordable Care Act, temporary staffing or any related issue, feel free to contact us or click the button below.