SQL Developer Programmer - Houston, Tx
We are seeking a SQL developer / programmer that can take on challenges, is motivated, has a “customer service” attitude, is willing to learn the business needs and complete the job effectively. The SQL developer will be responsible for developing applications and integrations using the Microsoft SQL Server platform. This will include reports, vendor exports, data warehousing task and other data related tasks.
- Maintain and enhance the existing data warehouse, exports, and reports
- Develop vendor and client exports that meet provided specifications
- Design, code, test, troubleshoot and put into production needed changes
- Perform quality checks on reports and exports to ensure exceptional quality
- Monitor job and transfer queues to ensure they are functioning as expected
- Write reports based on users’ requirements
- Create and maintain reports using MS SQL Server Reporting services
- Provide business users the data required for metrics and analysis
- Storing, organizing, presenting, using and analyzing data and database management software.
- Performs routine tests and modifications to ensure that database is performing and running correctly.
- Troubleshoot programs and hardware
- Repairs and changes is needed
- Routinely discusses and coordinates security measures with other administrators
Must have 4+ years experience with:
- MicrosoftSQL Server 2008 or above development experience
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL 2008 or above and MS Access 2003
- Programming in VBA (Visual Basics 6)
- Requires excellent communication, technical and project management skills.
- Detailed oriented and motivated to learn the business needs and complete the job effectively.
- Must have good communication skills, ability to interact, work as part of a team, adapt, learn and implement new technologies
- Self-starter, motivated and has a “customer-service” orientation
- Experience in optimizing SQL tables and triggers
- Hands on experience with SQL Store Procedures
- Hands on experience with MS Access 2003
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Knowledge of TempWorks software
- Experience working within a staffing organization
For more information or to apply for this position, please email email@example.com.